Rattlesnakes are starting to move into the Lethbridge area, and no one wants to get bitten by one, so we have a few tips to try and help you avoid a bite.
- When you go out hiking, be sure to wear long pants/boots as they can help block the venom.
- Stay on the trails when hiking and avoid underbrush areas or tall weeds as the snakes like to hide in those areas
- Even if a snake appears to be dead, DO NOT touch/poke it
- Always have a hiking partner in case of an emergency. Never hike alone.
- Teach others how to respect the snakes and to keep their distance to avoid bites, especially children.